Temp-to-Hire is a flexible staffing option available to employers. This allows both candidates and employers to “test drive” the working relationship before making a permanent decision.
Below are some key benefits of a Temp-to-Hire staffing arrangement:
- Employers can evaluate the employee on a risk-free basis during the temporary portion of the job.
- Temp-to-Hire staffing arrangements are typically facilitated through staffing partners. These partners offer many other benefits to employers, such as advanced screening processes, and may cover all payroll and employment costs and taxes.
- Working with a staffing partner for Temp-to-Hire saves the employer time and money on the search process. Access to a large talent pool shortens the search, hiring and onboarding processes – getting you the talent you need as quickly as possible!
- Flexible Temp-to-Hire staffing enables the employer to easily adjust to fluctuations in workload. If the position is no longer needed, the employer can remove the employee from the assignment (with the help of your staffing partner).
Things to consider:
- Temp-to-Hire opportunities may attract a different demographic of candidates than direct hire positions. Those currently employed full-time may not be willing to leave their position for something less definite.
- While the employer assesses the employee for long-term fit, the employee will also use this time to evaluate the employer. If the position becomes permanent, this “assessment phase” helps ensure compatibility on both sides. So remember that the “test drive” goes both ways!
When faced with your next staffing decision, be sure to consider all your options. For guidance, reach out to a staffing partner to ensure you’re making the best decision for you and your firm.
Finding top talent can be difficult, in our latest blog post we look at how firms can build relationships with law schools to boost recruiting efforts.
Attract & Retain Top Talent
With a rapidly changing industry, it's vital to offer the right compensation and set the right expectation. With our Salary Guide, get detailed job descriptions, industry insights and local salary data to equip your managers with hiring confidence and expertise.Get your copy »